Good collaboration in business is no longer simply about good project management – technology is just as important, if not more so. Streamlined technology that allows those involved to participate and collaborate unhindered is vital for successful collaboration.
Google designed Google Workspace in a bid to help businesses towards better collaboration through flexible, cloud-native, intelligent tools. Together with Google Workspace, Cloud Office are able to help businesses cooperate in real time, and in the best possible way. How? With the user-friendly, future-oriented apps in the software package.
Edit, comment and assign tasks
According to a survey conducted by Google themselves, 76% of the time companies spend in Google Docs is spent on collaboration. In Docs, Slides and Sheets, businesses are able to read, edit and view changes made by their colleagues in real time. Google Workspace is cloud-native, so all changes are automatically saved in the version log, which means that you can view older versions of the same document, sorted by date and the person who made the change. You can also recreate older versions of the relevant document.
An important feature of Google Workspace is the ability to give and receive feedback. Not only is this possible in the document the employees are working in; thanks to dynamic e-mail it is possible to comment and respond to changes in Docs, Sheets and Slides directly in e-mails. This means that you don’t need to interrupt your workflow by switching tabs. This saves time, which is important for an efficient working day.
In Google Workspace it is easy to assign tasks to other users via comments. The software package also uses artificial intelligence to speed up collaboration. AI in Docs can, for example, automatically identify tasks and suggest users to assign tasks to. This means that you don’t need to spend time sending e-mails with long to-do lists to your colleagues. Everything is in the document.
In-built sharing rights in Google Workspace control who can see what (both internally and externally), so there is no need to worry about sharing a document with others in the workplace. You can also set expiry dates for particular users for the files stored in Drive – Docs, Sheets and Slides.
Efficient, flexible communication
All businesses are different, so we need flexible methods of communication. Google Workspace has thought of this, and therefore offers businesses more ways to communicate: from e-mail and chat to video conferences.
- E-mail is still the core means of communication for many businesses, and it is central to a good workflow. This is why more than 5 million businesses today depend on Gmail in their daily operations.
- AI in Gmail can help you prioritize properly, remind you to respond to colleagues and customers, and also write e-mails faster. In addition, AI blocks as much as 99.9% of spam, phishing and harmful software, preventing it from reaching your inbox.
- Many businesses need fast, informal methods of communication, and Google Workspace therefore offers Hangouts Chat. Hangouts Chat is integrated with other Google Workspace apps such as Drive, which means that you don’t need to look for files in the chat. Chat is equipped with more than 25 AI-powered bots that help you achieve a faster workflow. This is especially beneficial for employees working in finance, HR, CRM, project management, etc. Google reports that Chat will soon integrate with Gmail also, which means that you will have access to the right communication channel from one place.
- Face-to-face communication is still a preferred method of communication for many businesses. Google Workspace meets that need, of course. With the video conference possibilities in Hangouts Meet, Google Workspace helps businesses cooperate in real time, with as many as 250 users.
- In Hangouts Meet, businesses can stream conferences live to as many as 1,000,000 people. The software in the video conference app can also reduce the IT team’s workload; it is smart enough to detect and troubleshoot any problems on its own, powered by AI.
Like Google, we at Cloud Office believe that the key to good collaboration is getting more of an insight into how people work together, and in this way being able to offer the right tools. We think that Google Workspace delivers in all areas, and we are therefore proud to be able to offer this software package. Are you interested in Google Workspace, or curious about how these productivity tools could help your business achieve better collaboration? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a no-obligation chat, and we can look at this together with you.