Previously, if you wanted to automate how someone booked an appointment with you, you would have used a third-party app because Google Calendar didn’t offer a function to let people autonomously book appointments on your calendar. The app would connect to your Google Calendar to show a booking page to your contact with times you are available to meet.
As of April, there is no need to use a third-party service; Google Calendar now has native appointment booking.
How to enable Google Calendar Appointment Schedules.
Appointment booking or “Appointment Schedule” is enabled for all Google Workspace accounts, excluding essentials, business starter and frontline editions.
If you have ever used the Appointment Slots feature in Google Calendar, you will need to activate Appointment Schedules in your Google Calendar settings by placing a tick in the box “Create appointment schedules instead of appointment slots”.
Set up a schedule and booking page for your Google Calendar.
To create a new booking page for your Google Calendar, you need to:
- Go to Google Calendar And click the Create button in the top left.
- From the drop-down, select Appointment Schedule
- A new window will now open where you can give a title and general availability settings that match your requirements.
- You can also customise the look of the booking page with a photo.
- Set the location for this appointment schedule, such as Google Meet for video calls.
- You can also select the type of data you want to collect from the individuals who complete the form, such as their name, email, phone number.
- You can also collect custom information too.
- Once you are happy with the setup of your booking form, click Save. Google Calendar will show you a window confirming the creation of your booking form and this appointment schedule.
There will also be a link to your booking page to send to people who want to book a meeting with you. Save this page to your bookmarks to easily access it and share it.
You have now completed setting up your Appointment Schedule.
Wherever you have an Appointment Schedule running, you will see a narrow event running down the left-hand side of each day that the schedule is active. Click on this event, and you will see the option to edit the schedule.