No matter where you work, Meet is designed to connect everyone securely. Google Meet premium video meetings is now free and available to everyone using G Suite, and Google continues to accelerate the development of new features for the growing number of teams, and organizations that rely on Meet to stay connected. We’ll take a look at some of the upcoming features on the roadmap.
True G Suite Free
Get a business email, all the storage you need, video conferencing, and more.
Working from home has its own challenges, such as surroundings you don’t want others to see or playing behind you. In the coming months you will have the option to blur or replace your background with an image of your choice, so you can keep your team’s focus on you.
To limit interruptions to your meeting, Meet will be able to intelligently filter out background noises—like dog barking, doors shutting, keystrokes and more. Noise cancellation will begin rolling out in the coming weeks to G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers starting with web users and later to mobile users.
Below are more upcoming enhancements to help teams more effectively run large, enterprise-grade meetings include:
- Hand raising:Urge the dialog in larger meetings by enabling participants to “raise their hands” when they have a question or just something to say.
- Meeting attendance: Hosts will be able to check who attended the meeting in a simple way.
- Breakout rooms: Split large meetings into smaller groups and have parallel discussions, and reconvene once finished.
- Q&A: Let the audience ask questions without disrupting the flow of the conversation.
- Polling: Engage participants in large meetings with real-time polling.
- Additional moderator controls: meeting hosts will have additional controls for muting, presenting, joining, and more.